Jump to the main content block

Taitung Hospital

Taitung Hospital
Slogan: Constructing sustainable whloe-preson care / protecting the health of the local people / Implementing healthcare policies / Become a model of public medical system
Founded in 1896, Taitung Hospital was formerly known as Taitung Clinic. It is located in Beinan Street on the outskirts of Taitung City and is under the jurisdiction of the Governor's Office of the Japanese occupation. In 1924, it was moved to No. 38, Zhongshan Road, Taitung Town, and was renamed as "Taiwan Governor's Office Taitung Hospital."

In 1945, Taiwan was recovered. It was received by the former Chief Executive's Office of the Civil Affairs Bureau of the Ministry of Civil Affairs. It was renamed as "Taiwan Provincial Taitung Hospital" and was renamed the Health Department of the Taiwan Provincial Government.

In 1964, due to the old wooden building, the provincial government subsidized 4 million yuan, and the self-raised land sales amounted to 4 million yuan, totaling 8 million yuan. It was relocated to No. 1 Wuquan Street, Taitung City (current site), and built 4 The outpatient building was completed in April 1966.

In response to business development needs, the provincial government budgeted 14 million yuan to build a four-story emergency building in 1984, which was completed in November 1986. In 1985, the provincial government budgeted 39 million yuan to build a three-story medical building, which was completed in October 1988.

In view of the surge in business, since 1992, a budget of 127 million yuan has been added to build a rehabilitation medical building in four years. It was opened in January 1996. In 1994, the central government subsidized 60 million yuan to build a 4th to 6th floor psychiatric acute ward in the original medical building. It was opened in July 1996. In 1996, a public budget of $15 million was established to build a five-story special medical building, which was opened in August 2002.

On July 1, 1999, due to the provincial province, the Department of Health was renamed the "Taiwan Hospital of the Executive Yuan Department of Health".

On July 23, 2013, the name was changed to "Taiwan Hospital of the Ministry of Health and Welfare of the Executive Yuan."
Number of Visitors
7776067
Online:1
Latest Update:2021-06-15
The content of this website is owned by the Taitung Hospital of the Ministry of Health and Welfare. It is forbidden to reprint, reproduce or use it for commercial purposes (but not directly by Internet search or hyperlinks, access to the website (domain) of the medical institution) This website is recommended to use IE10.0 or above browser, the best resolution is 1920×948